Twitter and # in my Professional Journey

Twitter is a form of social media that I have only come across as causing controversial headlines in news stories….obviously this was a very naive understanding that I had. The educational community was beknown to me until recently…now when I say recently this would be around an year ago.

In recent months I have become an active tweeter having been nagged at by my wonderful colleague Mandy Heim.  I have connected with some amazing educators and learnt things I would have not known otherwise such as research on 21st century schooling to organizing a unit plan using SOLO taxonomy.

There is a large and thriving community of NZ educators who actively use tweeter to reach and extend their PLN. #EdchatNZ was born 2 years ago and I have only been an active member for several months now. This forum is hosted every 2nd Thursday night from 8.30-9.30pm NZ time and discusses everything education. Drop by into this amazing community of educators if you have a spare hour on Thursday nights- it is worth the time.

Personally this forum has been invaluable for me in extending my own PLN and connecting with like-minded educators. My PLN previously extended to a few kilometers in radius from my work but the barriers have been overcome through this. Thank you Tweeter for making this function available through your social media.